Ethos & Values
Core values for Langley park primary schooL
Langley Park Primary School is a value driven school. Our seven core values are at the heart of all that we do. We have high expectations for all members of the school community and we consider everybody to be a learner. We do all that we can, every day, so that we can support each other to be the best we can be.
Our children will:
- feel safe and happy.
- develop a love for learning, helping them to develop excellent basic skills for a firm foundation.
- have a passion for reading for pleasure, opening opportunities to develop a wealth of knowledge and a sense of wonder throughout their lifetime.
- understand the value of education and are proud of the growth mindset that they use to reach their goals.
- feel brave and confident enough to take risks, to try new things and face challenge in their learning, asking for help and support when they need it.
- know that their school is a special place and that they are a key ingredient to that.
- stand out in the wider community as excellent role models of our school values.
- have a clear understanding of right and wrong and take responsibility for their choices.
- understand that we look after each other and that every member of the school team is valued, included, celebrated and shown appreciation and respect at all times
The Trust and the Governing Body sets the strategic direction of the school and have high expectations for the staff and the education and opportunities offered for every child. Parents and Carers share the school’s vision and ambition for their children’s education and make a wide-ranging contribution to the life of the school. We promote positive, open communication between parents, carers and every member of the school staff.
All staff work to create challenging and engaging lessons and a positive learning environment for the benefit of every child. We aim to provide an education that we would want for our own child.