School Governors are a team of volunteers who together with the Headteacher set the strategic direction of the school. Our local governing body (LGB) at Langley Park Primary School is made up of a number of people from diverse backgrounds, with a breadth of professional skills and experience.
The Governors at LPPS provide support and challenge our Headteacher, Mrs S Kluzek. We work together to ensure that we offer the best possible education for every child.
Governers' main responsibilities are to:
- Set the school’s vision, ethos and strategic aims
- Hold the Headteacher to account for the educational performance of the school and its pupils.
- Oversee the financial performance on the school, ensuring value for money
Our Committees will be:
- Buildings and Sites: responsible for the school premises and Health & Safety.
- Curriculum and Standards: responsible for overseeing what is being taught at school and how our children are progressing.
- Finance: responsible for ensuring sound, proper and effective use of the school’s financial resources.
- People and Development: responsible for school appointments and pay decisions.
All Governors come together for full local governing body (LGB) meetings three times a year to discuss key developments, to receive feedback from various committees, and to vote on particular issues. Minutes are taken for all meetings by an accredited Clerk to the Governors.
Terms of office
All Governors serve for a period of four years.
Multi Academy Trust
Langley Park Primary School is proud to be part of Langley Park Learning Trust.
Find out more
To find out more about what we do, please contact Janet Tibbalds, Chair of Governors.